September 29, 2009

Labor Day Picnic in the Park


For Labor Day we decided that we would spend some time outside. So we pack up the diaper bag and went to the grocery store. We got stuff to make sandwiches and then went to North Canyon Park. We walked down to a shady area and sat and had our lunch while we enjoyed the beauty of nature. We then took Bailee home to have a nap and later went back out for a hike. We decided to hike up North Canyon Trail. I was in shorts and flip flops while Nate was wearing tennis shoes and Bailee was in the stroller. As we got to the foot of the trail we saw a biker about to head up the trail. So we asked him if he thought it would be possible to take a stroller up the trail. He said sure that it should be no problem. I am not sure what he was smoking! The trail is preceded by about a mile of dirt road that you can drive up. Nate didn't want to drive his car up so we decided to just walk up the road. The first ten feet was covered in huge rocks and the road was horribly washed out. We made it up the treacherous road got to the trail and decided to head back down. On the way down Nate was carrying Bailee and I was pushing the stroller. I lost my footing and slipped and cut my knee open pretty bad. At first I didn't even know it was bleeding then Nate told me that I should try to clean it out. I looked down and had blood gushing down my leg. We made it back to the car and then headed over to my parents house to get me cleaned up. I asked my dad if he thought I needed stitches, he said no just put some peroxide on it and some neosporin and a band aid and it should be fine. We then left and went out to dinner with Nate's family. What a fun filled adventure we had. My Knee is still healing, but it looks a whole lot better!

No comments: