February 2, 2009

Bitter Sweet

On November 6th I went to the doctor to have my membrane stripped for the second time. I was due on the third so I was ready for her to GET OUT!!! Well my moms youngest sister Lori had been in the hospital all week and was not looking very good. So after my appointment I went up to the University Hospital and met my parents, grandparents, Aunt Polly, Cousin Heather and Aunt Sandy. Poor Aunt Lori looked awful. Well I spent most the day at the hospital. When I went home at about three in the afternoon I started to feel some contractions. I got home and took a nap.
Later that night at about 2:00 a.m. I woke up to use the bathroom and thats when they started really bad. I woke Nate up we hurried and got our stuff together and left for the hospital. When we got to the hospital I was dilated to a six and 50% effaced. After a few minutes they checked me again and I was quickly progressing. The RN told Nate to call family if he wanted. So it is 3:30 a.m. and he calls my mom and this was how the conversation went.

Nate "Good morning!"
Mom " Good morning."
Nate " It's looking good"
Mom heard "It's not looking good"
Mom "Do you want us to come up?"
Nate "Whatever!!"
Mom (thinking) "Well thats not very profesional!"
Mom " Have you called anyone else?"
Nate "No"
Mom "Okay,I will call them."
Nate " Okay, bye"
Mom then hung up the phone and called all her sisters and her parents. They got to the hospital and went to the fourth floor for ICU. They went and asked the doctor what was going on he asured them that nothing had changed and that he did not call her. So as they were sitting in the waiting room of the ICU trying to figure out what was going on. Mom turned to dad and asked, " the phone did ring, didn't it?" he replied, "Yes, cause I remembered thinking oh there's our Lacey!" at that moment my mom and Sandy looked at each other and said "LACEY!!" and with that jumped out of their seats and went to the elevator.
Luckily I delivered at the University of Utah Hospital so they didn't have to go to far to get to me. By the time they figured out that it was Nate that called and not the doctor Bailee was already born. So when the nurse came in and said that I had a bunch of moms waiting to see me I was a little surprised to see my grandparents, my aunts and my cousin and my parents.
Bailee Abigail Anderson was born at 4:57 a.m. she weighed 7lbs 6oz and was 19 1/2 inches tall. She had tons of dark hair, long eye lashes and beautiful eyebrows. She was born in about two hours from the time we got to the hospital. It was a fast easy labor and I hope that all of them are that quick and easy!
Later that day my family decided that they would take Lori off the ventalator. She passed away peacefully. I keep saying that she and Bailee made a deal. She told Bailee it was her time to go home and that Bailee needed to take her place. That day was an extra special day for my grandparents. We will miss her dearly.

No comments: